Sunday 4 May 2014

Weekend wanders.

This weekend has been absolutely wonderful! I had a few unfortunate change of plans but made the most of it. I spent money that I should be saving, ate food that I probably shouldn't have and enjoyed my time rather than being cooped up studying. But forget about those negatives because it was overall really great.

On Saturday my friend and I went to IKEA to have a general look around and a get a few homey things. If you have never been to IKEA or haven't even heard of it then I shall explain: to me IKEA is like a big people's playground. Basically it's just a really large home-wares shop originating from Sweden; there's a massive showroom where they have kitchen, bedroom, bathroom ideas and all of the stuff in between, there's also a restaurant where the food is super cheap and then there's a self-serve section where you can purchase the flat packs and other bits and bobs. I love going to IKEA because of the great ideas that make up the showroom, I love pretending that the areas of the showroom are rooms in my own house (I wish). I cannot wait to have my own house to decorate myself but for now all I have is my room so I just make do with the space that I have. I ended up picking up a mirror, a plain black doona set and an apple slicer. My friend got himself a bin, a sheet set, a clothes rack and some hooks to hang things on. Honestly, I think IKEA would be a great place for a date because there is so much to talk about in the showroom, you can snuggle on the beds and stuff and then go and get a cheap bite to eat. It was a very fun trip and I can't wait to do it again sometime. 

Then in the afternoon we decided that we should go and stay in a fancy hotel for the night but we didn't want to spend too much money. We ended up going to the Pan Pacific Perth and indulging in all that it had to offer. It felt like we were in another world; I was referred to as Miss Davis, we got food brought to our bedside and lived in a fluffy white robe for the evening. We had a room on the 15th floor and got to overlook the river. 


We spent the night eating yummy things, bathing lots and watching Foxtel. We fell asleep quite early, tangled in the luscious white sheets. We woke quite late in the morning, bathed, watched some more telly and then wandered to breakfast. With our room we got a free buffet breakfast, which had absolutely everything! There was hot breakfast options, fruit and cheese, cereals and even waffles and pancakes with ice-cream! After breakfast we took the elevator all the way to the top and had a snoop around, imagining ourselves as the guests of the Presidential Suite. We then headed back to our room packed up and checked out. Overall it was a very luxurious stay that was thoroughly enjoyed and to be honest, quite good value for money. 

I think weekends should be a time for relaxation, catching up with people and just enjoying yourself. I hate the thought of having to stay locked up in my room all weekend typing on my computer. Just take one day to do something nice, you deserve it! Treat yourself and surround yourself with those who make you happy. I hope that you all had a wonderful weekend too!  

PS Happiest birthday to my gorgeous friend Tessa, I'm sorry that I couldn't make it, I promise I'll make it up to you next weekend!

Love, love, love

2 comments:

  1. The purpose of like is to live it, to taste experience to utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience. Keep it up girl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely are correct there, thank you so much for your support :)

      Delete