Wednesday 30 April 2014

April Favourites '14

Hey there! These were some of my favourite things in the month of April:

1.
Recently, I was just wandering around and I happened to have a quick look in the Red Cross op-shop and I was lucky enough to find this beauty!


I have been looking for a nice coat for a while now and I was so happy when I found this for only $20. It has the coolest silver buttons on the front and deep pockets too which are great for fitting all of my goodies in. It fits perfectly and isn't too heavy so it's great as a layering piece, which is perfect for me. Today, I paired this with a black waffle-knit cardigan tucked into high waisted shorts and boots and it really added something a little fancy to my outfit. 

2. 
I know that I am quite late on the band wagon for these but now that I own some I can definitely appreciate why they were on everyone's feet at the end of last year. These are a knock-off of the Jeffrey Campbell Coltrane boots from City Beach.

 I got these on special for about $20 I think so I was very pleased. I would've preferred them with a gold buckle but besides that I absolutely love them. I like wearing these with cool patterned socks, like my stripy ones (as seen above), and stomping around campus in them because they are super comfy and give me an edgier look.

3.
I have been in search of a morning cleanser, I didn't want anything too harsh on my skin but wanted it to make me feel refreshed and to make me look more awake. I found this one from LUSH for $9.95 and it ticks all of the boxes.

 Every morning I will rub a squirt of this all over my face and let it sit for a bit whilst I brush my teeth and then I rinse it off with a warm flannel and it leaves my skin feeling smooth and lovely.

4.
Lucy Molloy did a review of this Body Shop Tea Tree Blemish Fade Night Lotion on her blog and it really got me interested, so much so that I hopped straight in my car and went to purchase it. It was quite pricey (in my opinion) at $23.95 but I guess its worth it because a little bit definitely goes a long way. I love putting this on my face after cleansing and moisturising before bed, it makes my skin feel clean and when I wake up in the morning I can definitely notice that my redness has gone down. If you don't want to spend this much there is the cheaper option of just purchasing tea tree oil, which you can get from the Body Shop for $9.95 or LUSH also has a tea tree spray for the same price both of which will probably have similar effects.

5.
As I have said in a previous post, I was getting quite annoyed with my Nude by Nature mineral powder and decided to follow the advice of YouTuber Tanya Burr and get the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder ($12.95 from Priceline).

 (Sorry that the picture is the wrong way around, I was in a rush). I have it in the shade 'Peach Glow' and it has such a gorgeous finish.

6.
Another product by Rimmel, which I have also previously mentioned is the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the shade 'Cutting Edge' ($9.95 from Priceline).

This is such a cool colour and really gives a nice pop on the lips, it smells good too! The finish is matte and it really lasts me probably 80% of the day even with eating and all of that. 

7.
I am a new member of the T2 society after spending probably a little too much money on these wonderful tea's ($14 each from T2).

 'Detox' is a loose leaf tea (try saying that really fast over and over), which I drink every morning. The taste is quite unusual and I'm not sure if it really does have a detox effect but I like to think that it does. 'Gorgeous Geisha' is a green tea infused with strawberries and cream, it's a really light tea, which I love drinking when I get home from Uni or in the middle of the day. It's super yummy and soothing. 'Sleep tight' is a calming, fruity tea that is wonderful to have just before bed.

8.
I have been really into iBooks ever since I got my iPad, so far I have read five books and am really enjoying getting back into reading (I was once obsessed with reading anything and everything). I have been getting into crime stories, especially the Steig Larsson trilogy "The Millennium series" if you haven't read it then go and buy it immediately because they will probably be the best three books that you have ever read. I love reading on the bus on the way to and from uni and whenever I want to relax and immerse myself in a new world.

So they're the majority of the things that have kept me going through April. I am now off to see the movie Divergent so I'm sorry if this post was a little half-hearted but I'm running a little behind schedule. Thank you so much for reading! Please don't hesitate sending me an email (bonnyd@outlook.com), I would love to hear your opinions and what your favourite things were this month.

Love, love. love.









No comments:

Post a Comment