Tuesday 8 April 2014

Home.

My home is where I spent the first thirteen years of my life, it's where my dearest friends are and where my fondest memories happened. I absolutely love my home and miss it so very very much. I drove down south last weekend and could only stay a night but as soon as I passed the sign that says "welcome to the south west region" I never wanted to leave. I haven't visited my home town for way too long but the closer I get to it, the bigger my smile gets. Going to the place I moved to for high school is always nice because I have made some amazing friends there too and it's not too far from where I grew up.


I love the atmosphere and appreciate it so much because there is nothing like it anywhere else. The trees are greener and more plentiful and the air just seems fresher. I love seeing familiar faces and getting a friendly "hello" wherever I turn. I love listening to the ocean and the wind through the trees. Everything is just so glorious. 

I spent the night in a familiar bed in a familiar room and had such a wonderful time. I have missed familiarities more than I thought and it was so good just to feel like myself again. Being up here I feel as if I have to hide and act differently. I feel unwelcome and judged every single day and it makes it really difficult to keep myself here. It's not all bad though and I have met some really great people, especially through work, but I'm finding it super hard to be more open and let people in on my life. If you do meet me up here then I am apologising in advance because I will probably seem really queer and stand-offish, please don't take it personally, just know that I will come around eventually and I am so grateful for your friendliness. 


I am excited to go and explore the world and live in new and exciting places but I will definitely always keep a special spot in my heart for my home. I miss the people who were apart of me growing up and I cannot wait to see them all again, hopefully soon. I have heard things along the grapevine about the exciting new lives that they are living and absolutely love hearing about what they have been doing. I wish we stayed in touch but I realise that everyone is so busy getting on with things, including me, and that is absolutely lovely. I have many ideas for the future and don't want to live in my home town but rather go and visit for holidays of reminiscence and relaxation. I will be forever grateful for having been brought up there (thanks Mum and Dad you crazy hippies) and will always cherish it very much.

Love, love, love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment