Friday 4 April 2014

Painting your face.

Before I start my ramble, I would just like to know from YOU how often would you like me to post something? Please let me know, I don't want to annoy you with posting something every day but I don't want to not post enough. Also, I really hope that you are liking what I have posted so far, I'm not really following any particular format or anything, it's all just personal recount basically so I hope that's okay.

On with this new post, I have recently got in to wearing make-up. Before coming to the city and working in retail, I only ever wore a bit of make-up if I went out or if it was a special occasion. But lately, my skin has been really bad and I decided I would give it a go. I watch a lot of beauty Youtube channels so I kind of used them to save myself from using mascara on my lips or something crazy like that. I still don't wear a lot of makeup nor do I own any really expensive, pretty things or really even know how to apply it all properly but I am learning and experimenting a little bit just to see what I like on me. The below products are what I have been currently wearing but I am hoping to extend my make-up collection and hopefully one day find some products that I absolutely love and know how to wear properly. If you have any tips for first-time make-uppers like myself, please email me and I'll mention you in a blogpost with your tips. This is what I do most days to attempt in making me look a little more interesting and add a touch of confidence.


Step one: wash face with water and dry. 
Step two: apply BB cream (Covergirl) with big end of beauty blender.
Step three: put Stay Matte Concealer (Rimmel; 010 Ivory) on any blemishes and blend with small end of beauty blender. 
Step four: apply Natural Mineral Cover (Nude; light) all over face with Nude brush, blend into neck. 
Step five: use eyebrow pencil (Essence; 04 Blonde) to colour in eyebrows and shape with brush.
Step six: apply shadow pencil (Covergirl; Flamed Out) to inner corners of eye and blend into eyelid and under eye. 
Step seven: curl eyelashes with eyelash curler (the cheapest one from Priceline).
Step eight: apply a little bit of mascara (Rimmel; Extreme Black).
Step nine: choose lipstick depending on weather or just use Baby Lips (Maybelline; Energizing Orange).

The BB cream does a good job and is quite refreshing; I feel extra good when I put it on my face because it has sunscreen in it. 
I really like the concealer that I have at the moment, as it blends really nicely into my skin and has good coverage. I also like the matte affect that it has on my skin, as I dislike looking shiny.
I'm not really liking my Nude powder because it bursts out when I open the lid and goes everywhere and it doesn't blend well into my face, although it is a good colour for my skin. I'm thinking of trying a liquid foundation but I'm scared I will look like a wedding cake, can you recommend any that are nice and light? 
The eyebrow pencil that I have at the moment was a purchase that I quickly grabbed because it was the cheapest one I could find in a hurry. It does the job but it feels a bit gluggy and gross and I don't think I really like the colour but I am a huge fan of lovely shaped eyebrows that are a little darker than natural hair colour. At the moment my eyebrows are like caterpillars with long, random hairs sprouting from them and are definitely in need of a groom so I just use this product to quickly spruce them up a bit until I can be bothered letting a professional work their magic.
The eyeshadow pencil that I am using is okay but it's too shimmery for my liking. When I bought it I thought I could use it to cover my whole eye but it's too shimmery so I just use it in the corners of my eyes to make me look a little bit more awake. I really need to invest in some basic nudes for my eyeshadow, help? 
I stole the mascara off of my mum like a year ago so its good for how long it has lasted but it is turning a little gluggy and I don't really like having long, black eyelashes because I feel too made-up. I am in search of a clear mascara so please let me know where I can find one.
Now, with my lipstick choice it completely depends on the weather, my mood and the occasion. I like the two darker shades for wintery days (my favourite) and the other, brighter shades for more summery days. All of the lipsticks are from the Rimmel Kate Moss collection, I would highly recommend any of these lipsticks as they last for ages, have a beautiful matte finish and a great range of colours, they are also relatively cheap (about $10 each). I love wearing lipstick to make my outfit more interesting, I love wearing all black or black and white so having colour on my lips allows me to look and feel a little more colourful. If you're interested the lip colours from left to right are Alarm (170), 107, 12, and Cutting Edge (120). 


Here is what my face looked like yesterday (sorry the quality is so fuzzy). I am wearing lip colour 107. 

Make-up is something new to me and I am actually really liking it. I feel like I am painting my face everyday and thats exciting! I can do anything, there are so many products out there, so many different shades and colours; I cannot wait to explore more of the make-up world and create better paintings. When I see the girls at my work I think that they must have spent hours on themselves to look that glamorous, but to them I guess it's just an everyday routine. If you are one of those girls, please know that I have the highest respect and admiration for you. When I wear make-up I feel like I am protected from the people that stair at me because I have gross little spots on my face, I guess it's kind of like being invisible, but at the same time I feel like I have a little bit more confidence because people see the 'paint' on my face rather than the bad stuff underneath. Please don't feel as though you have to wear make-up because I think natural beauty is something incredible, it's like a make-up look that no-one else has and is completely unique, but I definitely think it can be fun to play around with make-up just to see what looks you can create and it's just like colouring in but on your own face! Be who you are, in whatever way that comes, you can't hide behind make-up forever and you don't need to because your natural beauty allows you to be a blank canvas again, you are pure and that is beauty that you can't see any other way, it's beauty that is only seen when you are in your most comfiest trackies and hoody with nothing but a gorgeous smile on your face. 

Love, love, love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment