Friday 18 April 2014

Fashionista.

I have been really getting into fashion blogs and Youtube channels lately. I love seeing people who have put a lot of effort into their look; you can tell that they have thought about what clothes they are wearing, considering their body type, the style they want, etc. It makes me quite envious because I would absolutely love to be one of these people. I don't really like my body shape and so I find it hard to compliment the good parts by wearing particular clothes and I always try to mix too many styles together so I just end up looking stupid. The other day I went into my favourite clothing shop ever, "Vintage Wonderland" and was talking to the owner who gets all of the clothes in the shop from places all around the world and she was saying how in Melbourne the new saying in all of the shops is "if it's not black then put it back on the rack", this coupled with a few of new Youtuber discoveries including Clair Marshall, Mika Francis, and Leanne Walker has got me really liking monochrome clothing. So, I went through my wardrobe and chucked out most things, now my rack looks like this
I like wearing black because it allows me to add colour through things like makeup. I feel comfortable in black because I don't have to consider pattern or colour clashes and it allows me to create many different looks by adding accessories (gold in particular) or wearing bright shoes or having really nice makeup that allows me to look casual or classy. I don't go out at all so I never really have to do the classy side of things but I definitely do the casual on a daily basis. Lately I have been loving wearing black pants with a black or white muscle tee/top with my new fluffy jumper (that has a hood) and my new shoes (which I love so so soooo much), also with my new Laura Jones bag that is plain black with white panels along either side.
To spruce things up a bit I have painted my nails a dark red and have been wearing the Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick in the shade "Cutting Edge" paired with gold jewellery (rings, necklace, tongue bar, looking for a nose piece too) and quite heavy contouring, however I'm not loving the bronzers that I have. The other day I went to the Benefit counter in Myer and tried out the Hoola bronzer as well as the What's Up and absolutely fell in love, my goodness these products are incredible! I would love to have purchased both and walked right out of there with beautifully bronzed cheeks but I resisted due to the price. I wish I had a birthday or something coming up but maybe we should start giving Easter presents too, hint hint to anyone who is feeling generous. I have been loving minimal make up looks with "stand-out" eyeliner too, I have always loved the winged eyeliner looks but have felt that they look "too much" on me so I have stayed away from them, but I am thinking if I just have nude lips and minimal make up then it could work. Could you recommend any easy-to-apply liquid eyeliners, specifically for wings? 

I have seen a few things that I would really like to have in my wardrobe over the past few weeks, including a hat that I saw at City Beach. Usually I don't opt for headwear because I feel as if it doesn't suit me but this hat was the perfect fit and style and I really loved the way it looked that day. I really wish that I had bought it but I'm hoping it is still there so I can go and get it soon. I think hats are a great accessory and can really make an outfit look even more incredible. I own a black beanie that I try on most mornings hoping that that day it will look good on me but it hasn't happened yet so I'll keep trying until it does and when it does I'm sure there will be a mirror shot or selfie on Instagram for you guys to see. I have also been thinking of getting a faux leather skort because I think they are so cool! They look super funky and appear to be so comfy too. Another thing I would love to get for the colder days is a long coat to chuck on, I have seen a few really nice ones but it hasn't been overly cold lately and they are a bit pricey so I might just wait for a colder day when I have just been paid. What fashion pieces/trends have you been loving lately? I would love to know. 

To make my look a little more edgy (thinking of that episode where that magazine lady visits Daria and talks about being edgy, "ask Daria because she is it, and I mean it with a capital I T") I have been contemplating dying (well bleaching) my hair like this models, I absolutely love the way she looks and a few people have said that this hair colour will suit me but I'm definitely not too keen on bleaching my hair. However, I like the idea of having to pay more attention to my hair care routine. What are your opinions on bleaching? How do you think this will look on me?
I have also been considering tattoos that I might like on me, I don't want any big ones but I think a few little ones here and there could be nice. I have wanted a tattoo for my friend ever since he passed and I was thinking of getting a sword with a special postcode on the inside of one of my fingers for him because his name means "eternal warrior" and I think a sword is a good representation of that and the postcode is something I hold close to my heart and he held close to his too. I don't want any names of anyone on my body but prefer small pictures/symbols to represent them. I was also thinking of getting a replicate of the rose my Mum has on her back but just outlined either behind my ear or on the outside of my wrist for my Mum. But these are just ideas and until I am certain there will be no traces of ink on me. I love tattoos and admire people who have them. I think they are such a cool thing and can really make someone look incredible, if their tattoos are chosen wisely and actually look well-done. It doesn't bother me that people get tattoos just for the way they look but for me personally I think any tattoo that I get will have a meaning. 

I am most definitely not an expert when it comes to fashion or make up or anything like that but I like to think I can give it a go sometimes. I love getting new ideas from people in the street, Youtubers, friends, anyone who has a cutting-edge look and I can't wait to further develop my look. Thank you so much for reading, please leave some feedback in the form of a comment or email and I will be absolutely over the moon to read it and reply. I hope you had a relaxing Easter Friday and are leaving plenty of room in your tummies for all the chocolates that are coming your way. 

Love, love, love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment