Saturday 21 June 2014

OOTD

If you're new to the Blogger/Youtube world OOTD stands for outfit of the day, so that's what I'm gonna do.

Today seemed to be fairly nice on the weather front this morning but then turned to a raging storm a bit later on. I decided to go for this outfit, yes I did get just a little dressed up for a day of opshopping, food shopping and not much else but I think it's nice to slap a bit of lippy on every now and then despite what your plans are for the day.


I'll start from the top; this is my third or fourth day hair (guilty as charged) so I opted for some Batiste dry shampoo and a good brush with the tangle teaser and not much changed but I felt a bit better because I knew that I had done something to tame the wild locks. Later on in the day I chucked a beanie on so it didn't really matter anyway haha.

On my face I have quite a natural look with my favourite lipstick; Rimmel Kate Moss 107. My base is simply the Origani Day Cream, Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer in the shade 010 Ivory and Rimmel Stay Matte powder in 003 Peach Glow. On top of that I have Bourjois Delice de Soleil bronzing powder for fair/medium skin, which I used to contour with and Elf blush in peachy keen very lightly on the apples of my cheeks. I did my eyebrows with a product that I have really been loving lately; the BYS brow and eye pencil in blonde and topped off with Elf wet gloss clear mascara. On my eyelashes I also used this product just to get the length because I am too scared to have big eyes and big lips.

I am wearing a shirt that I just recently got; yes it is a XL mens tshirt and yes it does have R2D2 on it and says 'Star Wars'. I am really liking the whole oversized tshirt look lately, thanks to Sarah Hawkinson who wears it so very well. I found this one in Myer on the sale rack for $20 so I snatched it up. It is by Kenji also if you are interested.

On the bottom half I reached for my leather-look leggings from Cotton On, these have been a definite favourite lately because they are so comfy but still are acceptable to wear in public.

Then on my feet I decided on my boots by I <3 Billy just to add something a little less casual to the outfit.

I got a lot of funny looks today so I was a little nervous whilst wearing this, I don't really like to have people's eyes on me, but I guess you don't really see people wearing these kind of things on a regular basis so maybe I should've expected it. If I wear this again I feel as though I will just go for my Converse or New Balances and a nude lip so that I am not so much of an attraction. This outfit was extremely comfy and I really was happy with the way it looked.

Thank you so much for reading, I hope all is well for you.

Love, love, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment