Friday 4 July 2014

Thrifted

I spotted a few new op shops recently and I decided to go and have a look in the Good Sammy's the other day. I was quite overwhelmed by the size of the shop but was very happy with what I found.

Firstly, I picked up a plain black and a plain white top, they were $1 each.

When I was in line to pay I saw this beauty in the corner of my eye. I expected it to be around the $10-$15 mark and was pleasantly surprised when I saw a $7 price tag on it.


I love this for several reasons, firstly it is from New Look and I am always so jealous when I see the nice things that UK Youtubers buy from New Look, by having this it makes me feel a little closer to that coolness. Secondly, it has gold detailing, thirdly it is the perfect size and last of all the strap is the perfect length.

I found this next piece in the ladies tops section but it is definitely more dress-like I think but I'm not complaining because it was only $3.50. It is a silky material and I really love the colour. You could wear this for various occasions and I absolutely can't wait to chuck it on with a few layering pieces and my boots.

I am a little unsure about this next item but am glad that I got it because I think I can make it work. It is a little gothic but I think I can make it match my style by adding some cute shoes and jewellery or something so I don't look too scary. It is super comfy and has a sheer underlay which means it isn't too heavy. It is in a midi style and falls halfway down my calf, unfortunately it isn't the most flattering but I still really like it. I paid $7 for this and am very ready to experiment with it in a few different outfits. 


I then wandered into Priceline and couldn't resist the half price Rimmel so I picked up these two lipsticks. The first one is in the colour Vintage Pink 180 and is a part of the Moisture Renew collection. I wore this that day to work and absolutely loved it, which I was surprised about because I wouldn't usually go for a colour like this. On the lips it has a really nice hint of purple and is definitely nice and moisturising, the finish is satiny and really lovely. 


The second one is number 32 in the Kate Moss collection and is a really nice pastel orange. I absolutely love this colour but found it a little drying on my lips, although I haven't had much trouble with the other Kate Moss lipsticks so I think it's just a result of my poor lip condition at the moment. I am a huge fan of orange lips and love that this isn't too in your face but is rather a nice subtle orange tone.

Thank you so much for reading, I hope you enjoyed this post and would love to hear from you so please feel free to comment or email me.

Love, love, love.

No comments:

Post a Comment